Head of Operations
The Head of Operations role will be a key part of the leadership team to help manage our growth by managing Retiremap implementations, as well as the team of people supporting implementations. Our product requires daily implementations of new, customized employer plan accounts and micro-sites for their retirement plans. Management of this process requires someone who is both process and detail oriented, client-focused, and technically savvy.
This position is a great fit for someone who is passionate about helping people make better financial decisions. Retiremap provides employees with a plan for their successful financial future. In this role, you have the potential to impact millions of Americans and help get them on track to achieve their financial goals.
As with any high growth company, this role will be dynamic and requires the Head of Operations to wear many different hats. This role provides a great opportunity for someone who seeks out new challenges and responsibilities, and who is flexible and ready to roll up their sleeves and get in the trenches from time-to-time, as they build the implementation support team.
The role will include significant client interaction, so great people skills, a desire to efficiently and effectively serve client’s needs, and the composure to navigate delicate issues are all “musts.” Additionally, this role would be perfect for a strong, process-oriented leader. Experience working within the fast-paced, dynamic tech industry is a plus.
You should already have extensive experience in customer support and/or office management and want to build and manage Retiremap’s growing implementation support team. Retiremap’s implementations mainly involve creation of new employer plan accounts and implementation plans, customization of websites and employer-specific content, and management of iPad workshops. Once created, you will manage the ongoing communications for the implementations. For employers, you will own the creation of Performance Reports and work with the tech team to enhance these reports.
- Track and manage all Retiremap implementations
- Contribute to and expand the Retiremap knowledge base and support content (e.g., video and online documentation)
- Work closely with the CEO and SVP of Sales to resolve escalated support issues
- Collaborate with engineers to improve the product, based on client and user feedback
- Further refine, systematize and document the new plan account implementation process
- Lead regular meetings with the support team
- Manage interviewing and hiring
- Manage new hire training
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in operations or process management roles, which may include office management.
- Excellent work ethic and ownership of role and responsibilities
- Extremely organized, with the ability to manage many moving parts simultaneously
- Experience hiring or at least interviewing job candidates
- Desire to help people achieve their financial goals
The pay for this role will be at market rate, based on skills and experience. Additionally, the role will include an equity grant. The founders believe that the long term success of the company not only relies on an amazing team of performers, but that it should also be shared with employees.